@Midwest was a social media/digital marketing conference providing realistic tools and practical skills for small to medium-sized businesses. The conference included stimulating speakers, hands-on sessions, and guided round table discussions to give attendees the opportunity to interact with industry peers and share ideas, tips, and techniques. We brought some of the brightest stars in social media to Central Illinois, offering organizations of any size the ability to achieve the greatest return on their social media investment.
For the 5-year life span of the conference, I developed, implemented, and tracked a content marketing strategy that included a strong social strategy to engage potential speakers and attendees. The strategy included a strong utilization of SEO techniques, LinkedIn Networking, Facebook Post and Facebook Ads. The result of the strategy:
- Resulted in a 10% growth in attendance each year. This allowed the conference to grow to over 400 attendees coming from the Central United States and Southern Canada.
- Resulted in attracting over 65 International Speakers including:
- Joe Benarroch. Corporate Communications, International, Facebook
- Thomas Ian Nicholas. Actor, musician
- Joe Strupek, CPCU, CLU, is assistant vice president – Public Affairs at State Farm®